FocusVision Releases Annual Mobile Trends Report Reviewing Mobile Usage Habits Among Online Survey Respondents
FocusVision, the leading global provider of quantitative and qualitative technology solutions to the market research industry, today announced the release of the annual Mobile Trends Report – an annual review of mobile trends in online surveys. In the report, FocusVision identifies trends regarding the types of devices respondents use to access surveys, device screen sizes, participation rates and survey data quality from mobile devices.
Based on data collected from more than 134.5 million surveys worldwide, the 2015 Mobile Trends Report details the importance of mobile responsiveness in surveys, examines the unique demographic and preferences of mobile users, and provides recommendations for optimal screen size and survey question type for mobile surveys.
“Mobile use and technology continue to grow and evolve,” said Aaron Jue, FocusVision’s Director of Market Research. “As market researchers, we must keep a pulse on the mobile trends in order to adapt to the trends and feedback platforms consumers prefer.”
Key findings from the annual report include:
- Survey success by device: Global smartphone usage continues to grow, while tablet usage remains stagnant and desktop usage has eroded.
- Sample source is key: Mobile participation rates in online surveys depend on the source of the sample.
- Mobile-first design: Research suggests the industry is doing a better job at offering smartphone respondents a more user-friendly and enjoyable mobile survey experience.
- Progress in mobile tech: Evolving smartphone technology may also contribute to the increased participation rates and improved mobile survey experience.
- Phablet usage is on the rise: As smartphone usage increases, users are now seeking larger screen sizes for engaging with videos, online games, and other multimedia content.
FocusVision is committed to vetting the latest in survey trends and usability with the ultimate goal of providing impactful research results.