We’re proud to announce that Steve August earned a “Tech Innovator of the Year: Bronze Stevie® Award” by the American Business Awards! August won the award for his role as FocusVision’s Chief Information Officer Officer, a role he served from 2014-2016.
The Stevie Awards recognize the world’s premier business awards programs as a part of the Annual American Business Awards. The Stevie Awards specifically recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide—which is a perfect accolade to describe August’s role at FocusVision.
As a pioneer in online qualitative research, Steve created Revelation, the industry’s leading platform for mobile diaries, insight communities and bulletin boards. Revelation was acquired by FocusVision in 2014.
Here are five reasons we believe Steve August earned a Bronze Stevie® for Tech Innovator of the Year:
- Steve’s continued his passion for using technology to develop innovative research techniques and methodologies developed FocusVision’s ground-breaking “Q+Q Research Solutions” in 2015. The integrated product line marries quantitative and qualitative research methods. His work in fusing these two methods together has enabled two traditionally separate practice areas to work together and providing more comprehensive, actionable business insights.
- Under the “Q+Q” umbrella, Steve was the architect of the widely publicized “Modern Family” study, which examined decision-making patterns in the Millennial and GenX family unit. The study, which was cited in the Wall Street Journal among others, found that behaviors in today’s family unit are shifting dramatically on every level – turning from mom as gatekeeper to a familial web of decision making that includes all family members.
- As a sought after industry speaker and writer, Steve has authored articles, as well as lectured and hosted workshops for all the major market research associations and organizations. Steve is passionate about design, technology and smart methodology—and how they can be fused to get to the heart of everyday moments that reveal people’s emotions and behaviors.
- Steve has led FocusVision to inclusion on the prestigious GRIT 50 Most Innovative Companies list, jumping 36 spots above the prior year’s ranking. Also included on the list were two of our main sub-brands: Revelation® and Decipher®!
- In great part due to Steve’s innovative new product offerings, FocusVision was also included on Inc. magazine’s 34th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies and honored with a Bronze Stevie® Award in the Company of the Year category in The 13th Annual American Business Awards.
In 2016, Steve transitioned to the role of Chief Marketing Officer and is already pushing our marketing efforts to new heights. As CMO, he merges his deep knowledge of the MRX industry and with his keen understanding of marketing. Steve helped concept, and is also the face of, FocusVision’s 2016 3D campaign. The 3D campaign communicates FocusVision’s highly regarded Quant+Qual research solutions and encourages researchers to gain deeper consumer insights with FocusVision.
His passion for constant improvement and developing new technologies to make a market researcher’s life easier is invaluable in this industry. If you see Steve at your next MRX conference, be sure to congratulate him on this well-deserved accolade.
All winners in these categories will presented at The 14th Annual American Business Awards banquet on Monday, June 20, 2016 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City. Tickets are on sale here.