BD Team Lead
Responsible for growing business for marketing research services and software with full-service marketing research firms and end users of market research. This position will target clients in the U.S. and Canada. The position may be located anywhere in the U.S., in close proximity to a major U.S. airport.
- Regularly meet with full-service marketing research firms, consultancies, ad agencies and those in the insights, user experience and market research departments of Fortune 500 firms
- Work with the Senior Vice President and other senior staff in creating integrated sales campaigns in coordination with the marketing department
- Professional representation of the company, will coordinate and run regular, thoughtful in-person client meetings, respond effectively to RFPs, build rapport with client contacts, and learn more about our client’s businesses with the aim of growing market share
- Aggressive prospecting and wiring is critical to success
- Participate in professional associations, attend conferences, stay abreast of industry happenings, promote the firm’s visibility, manage existing client relationships and highlight product opportunities to senior management
- Travels regularly to make on-site sales calls
- Builds business with long-term clients, as well as clients transitioned after their first 12 months from business development directors
- Works effectively with Business Development Directors and Account Executives to ensure client satisfaction and create an environment conducive to long-term growth
- Must respond with appropriate urgency to client inquiries and RFPs
- Builds relationships with decision makers within prospect organization, learn of potential barriers and diffuses these
- Presents quarterly to Senior Vice President on past quarter performance and upcoming quarterly sales plans with dates and measurable action items.
- Engages in annual account reviews with the SVP, Chief Customer Officer, and CEO
- Documents meetings, calls, activities and bids per process accurately and per protocol in SalesForce.com.
- Reviews current period forecast regularly to ensure accuracy and explains any significant deviations to Senior Vice President.
- Completed weekly pipeline and activity reviews (client conversations and online/phone or in-person meetings) and delivers weekly summary to SVP
- Regularly reviews key account sales plans in designated territory and leads key client meetings
- Properly and promptly follows sales process and effectively builds pipeline
- Sales prospecting and wiring within assigned accounts is critical to account growth
- Ensures personal pipeline is sufficient for success
- Escalates competitive feedback from client conversations and RFP dialogue to management
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree a plus)
- 3+ years new business development experience
- 2+ years of MR experience
- 3+ years successful track record of direct sales to market researchers a plus (must disclose documented prior sales goals, performance, and earnings during interviewing process)
- Familiarity with market research software, services, and online technologies
- Track record of consultative sales and achieving sales targets
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly as needed to grow the business
- Knowledge of SFA software (SalesForce.com preferred) and lead generation tools and techniques required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Significant sales growth through customer development, renewals and upselling
- Possesses superior client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Consultative selling experience and ability to build trust based on industry and product knowledge
- Must be organized, motivated and always act in a professional manner
- Communicates effectively with others using appropriate tools to advance business, team and organizational goals.
- Constructively challenges the views of others when necessary and influences others in the pursuit of shared objectives.
- Seeks input from others and uses effective listening skills.
- Accepts accountability for decisions, is open to constructive feedback and coaching.
FocusVision is the global leader in market research technology, providing an online survey platform, research facility video streaming, webcam focus groups, ethnography streaming, panel management and mobile device usability studies. FocusVision’s services allow research professionals to engage with respondents in any place, at any time. FocusVision has over 400 employees and offices in the US, the UK, Bulgaria, Brazil, Australia, and Singapore.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call after reviewing your qualifications.
If your background is a match for the role after speaking with the recruiter, you may phone interview (or onsite interview) with the hiring manager.
If you make it to the final round, you will come onsite to meet with 1-2 people from the team.
Please note that the interview process may vary by department depending on role. FocusVision does not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and will not pay fees associated with any such resumes. Agencies, please do not send resumes to any FocusVision location, employee, or email address.