Business Development Manager
FocusVision, a leading market research technology company, was recently listed on the INC. Magazine 5000 list for 2015’s Fastest Growing Companies. In addition, the company was honored with a 2015 Stevie Award in the American Business Awards program for Company of the Year and named Fastest-Growing Company of the Year in the 2015 International Best in Biz Awards.
Founded in 1990, FocusVision introduced the first live video transmission service for qualitative market research. Today, we are the leading global provider of online video transmission, analysis and archive solutions for the qualitative market research industry with transmission solutions for all venues, including the largest global network of focus group facilities.
We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us as we create unique, effective, efficient and economical solutions for our clients. We value innovative, creative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
Responsible for communicating and selling the company’s value proposition to prospective accounts across all industry verticals. This individual will be responsible for the entire client acquisition process including client targeting, qualification, presentation, proposal, training, trial of services and ultimately repeat use. This position requires someone with a hunter mentality and the ability to find the decision makers in the targeted organizations. The Business Development Manager will manage each client for a period of 18 months before transitioning that account to the account management team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Seek, qualify and acquire new clients through initial phone meetings and prospecting
- Grow newly acquired clients over the first 18 months before handing off
- Build customer-specific acquisition strategies that include opportunity sizing, penetration strategy, customer wiring plans, customized product offering, pricing and deal terms
- Develop expert knowledge of the FocusVision product portfolio and where it fits in the market research process
- Utilize analytic tools such as CRM and the Sales Funnel to quantify sales effectiveness and efficiency and course correct
- Design and lead client training programs to expand usage
- Coordinate activities with marketing programs and assist in program implementation where appropriate
- Work effectively with other FocusVision departments in the development, implementation and creation of business building and value creating programs for new clients
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel required
- Fluent in English AND German
- Must be comfortable with cold calling/prospecting
- Proven success negotiating contracts and pricing terms
- Additional experience selling in a B2B environment a plus
- Success negotiating contracts and pricing terms
- Must be extremely self-motivated and be able to overcome obstacles and stay positive
resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org