Director of Sales
FocusVision is the leading global provider of qualitative and quantitative technology solutions to the market research industry, providing an online survey platform, research facility video streaming, webcam focus groups, ethnography streaming and mobile device usability studies. Our services allow research professionals to engage with respondents in any place, at any time. FocusVision has over 300 employees and offices in the US, the UK, Bulgaria, and Singapore. www.focusvision.com
The Director of Sales has two roles. First – he/she is responsible for communicating and selling the company’s value proposition to existing major accounts and high volume potential prospects within a designated industry vertical(s). This includes development and maintenance of strategic relationships with key client users and decision makers. Second – he/she is responsible for the overall performance of their direct reports. This responsibility encompasses sales performance, administrative requirements, and career development.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities as an individual contributor:
- Implement client-specific strategies to all current and potential users within current customer organization
- Identify additional volume opportunities at current accounts
- Prospect and qualify new client opportunities
- Establish through interpersonal skills strong professional relationships with key client decision makers
- Execute program to maximize effectiveness of client contact/ meetings
- Submit timely and accurate client sales projections and activity reports
- Coordinate sales activities with marketing programs and assist in program implementation where appropriate
- Interface with internal Technical, Accounting, and Coordination departments as needed
Essential Duties / Responsibilities as a team leader:
- Drive the overall performance of the team through:
- Using sound strategic thinking to set priorities
- Reviewing and advising on client-specific strategies
- Attending 2 meetings per quarter with each direct report and giving detailed feedback
- Keeping team focused on company priorities
- Using data analytics to find patterns, uncover opportunities and protect against threats
- Manage administrative tasks such as PIF approval, keeping the team on required deadlines, rebalancing territories, personnel reviews, merit increase recommendations, etc.
- Manage the development of direct reports
- Utilizing Situational Leadership to drive elevated levels of competence and commitment throughout your team
- Conducting weekly one-on-ones to monitor performance and gain insight into their business
- Giving daily/weekly feedback on performance and providing annual reviews to each direct report
- Building performance development plans for each employee that match their career aspirations
- Retaining of core talent
Required Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- 2+ years of Market Research experience
- Consistently exhibits professionalism
- Supports company directives with enthusiasm and is able to get directs onboard
- Self-starter, motivated
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through an ability to keep pace with the business
- Highly driven to succeed
- Demonstrates sound financial responsibility for the company
How Success is Measured
- Attainment of individual quota
- Attainment of team quota
- Review of critical competencies
VP of Business Development – Americas
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call after reviewing your qualifications.
If your background is a match for the role after speaking with the recruiter, you may phone interview (or onsite interview) with the hiring manager.
If you make it to the final round, you will come onsite to meet with 1-2 people from the team.
Please note that the interview process may vary by department depending on role. FocusVision does not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and will not pay fees associated with any such resumes. Agencies, please do not send resumes to any FocusVision location, employee, or email address.