FocusVision is the global leader in market research technology, providing an online survey platform, research facility video streaming, webcam focus groups, ethnography streaming, panel management and mobile device usability studies. FocusVision’s services allow research professionals to engage with respondents in any place, at any time. FocusVision has over 400 employees and offices in the US, the UK, Bulgaria, and Singapore.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We’re looking for ambitious software engineers to join our team at a very exciting period for the company. We are working on integration projects between our different platforms and building new tools for market researchers. These tools range from real-time video conferencing, video editing tools, online survey, data collection and reporting, discussion-type products and mobiles apps
- Build products and features from the ground up
- Master and maintain an existing code base
- Adopt and adhere to development and engineering best practices
- Produce software that is clean, elegant and scalable while limiting the amount of technical debt
- Partner with Software Quality Assurance staff to ensure that feature development is supportable and Bugs are timely addressed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing clean, elegant, scalable code
- Experience creating and consuming REST based APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Github and/or other version control tools
- Knowledge of cross browser issues and internet security
- High attention to detail
- Excited to work at a small company where things move quickly and where your contributions are integral to the success and growth of the company
- Highly collaborative – you’ll support a team of engineers and also work with our business team to constantly develop products that meet users’ needs
- A passion for clean and beautiful code standards
- Passion for creating a great experience for users
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call after reviewing your qualifications.
If your background is a match for the role after speaking with the recruiter, you may phone interview (or onsite interview) with the hiring manager.
If you make it to the final round, you will come onsite to meet with 1-2 people from the team.
Please note that the interview process may vary by department depending on role. FocusVision does not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and will not pay fees associated with any such resumes. Agencies, please do not send resumes to any FocusVision location, employee, or email address.