About FocusVision: FocusVision is a full-spectrum, research technology solutions provider, servicing professional research agencies, and client enterprises directly. Our technology allows our clients gather, analyze and share data for various purposes, including: customer satisfaction surveys, brand tracking, live remote focus groups, building and engaging with online communities, communications testing, market segmentation, NPS, product testing and so on. We operate globally, with over 400 employees, and offices in the US, UK, Bulgaria, and Singapore.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Managed Services is responsible for defining and implementing purchasing and sourcing strategies, policies, procedures, and best practices for all FocusVision qualitative business units. This role will drive competitive advantage and cost savings by leveraging the development of key supplier and customer relationships. He or she must be able to work well with both internal staff and partners to foster a strong working relationship that is in the interest of our customers.
- Defines and develops industry best practices for ensuring a quality and competitive offering for qualitative services managed through 3rd party suppliers.
- Leverages buying power to negotiates rates with vendors that maximize competitiveness and margin.
- Expands on network of recruitment partners leveraging prior experience with specialist providers focused on qualitative research as well as non-industry partnerships to expand reach and lessen cost.
- Works closely with the Research Strategist and Subject Matter Experts internally to enable ways of producing high quality recruitment from non-traditional sources.
- Develops and maintains standard operating requirements for assessing vendors to assure industry standards and best practices are met.
- Regularly assesses the health of vendor relationships and develops reports to share status with management, vendors, sales and operations quarterly.
- Manages our distribution channels to assure sales and operations is using only approved vendors and has access to information that will allow them to make informed decisions on vendors that are good fit based on customer needs and scope of work.
- Identifies new service and product offerings that improve service, data quality, and project margin.
- Works with Product Managers to leverage technologies that streamline process and improve customer & respondent experience for all 3rd party service offerings.
- Resolves friction points between vendor and operations.
- Support sales to develop strategies to achieve customer goals when 3rd parties are involved.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Qualitative Market Research
- Experience buying media and/or building panels or communities for the purpose of Qualitative Recruitment
- Experience building and managing industry competitive business supply chains
- Must be capable of working with minimal direct oversight
- A fast learner who can apply past solutions to current objectives
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills