FocusVision is the global leader in market research technology, providing an online survey platform, research facility video streaming, webcam focus groups, ethnography streaming, panel management and mobile device usability studies. FocusVision’s services allow research professionals to engage with respondents in any place, at any time. FocusVision has over 400 employees and offices in the US, the UK, Bulgaria, and Singapore.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We’re looking for ambitious software engineers to join our team at a very exciting period for the company. We are working on integration projects between our different platforms and building new tools for market researchers. These tools range from real-time video conferencing, video editing tools, online survey, data collection and reporting, discussion-type products and mobiles apps.
Please include a short cover letter telling us why you are interested and why you thinkwe should work together. Include your github profile and links to code you are proud of.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong in writing scalable services and JSON APIs with some GraphQL APIs.
- Strong Ruby and/or Elixir engineers fit our teams well. We also have other services in C# and Go that sometimes needs support but we primarily write in Ruby and Elixir.
- You have extensive experience building cross-browser, responsive HTML and have worked with modular CSS architecture such as ITCSS, OOCSS, etc…we specially use ITCSS.
- You have deployed, built and managed build systems and used such things as Webpack, babel, Broccoli, Capistrano, Distillery, Grunt, Sass, etc.
- You actively participate in code and design reviews, weekly sprint meetings and team retrospectives to make sure we are functioning as a team towards our business goals.
- You constantly are learning and challenging yourself with either learning new languages, frameworks etc when the need arises. The majority of us are Ruby engineers and have learned Elixir and other languages/frameworks when needed
- You have strong opinions, loosely held based on your experiences. You accept being challenged and will reform your opinions if needed based on new information
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Excited to work at a small company where things move quickly and where your contributions are integral to the success and growth of the company
- Highly collaborative – you’ll support a team of engineers and also work with our business team to constantly develop products that meet users’ needs
- A passion for clean and beautiful code standards
- Passion for creating a great experience for users