Business Development Director
FocusVision is the leading global provider of qualitative and quantitative technology solutions to the market research industry, providing an online survey platform, research facility video streaming, webcam focus groups, ethnography streaming and mobile device usability studies. Our services allow research professionals to engage with respondents in any place, at any time. FocusVision has over 400 employees and offices in the US, the UK, Singapore and Bulgaria. www.focusvision.com
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Business Development Director is responsible for communicating and selling the company’s value proposition to prospective accounts across all industry verticals in the assigned market. This individual will be responsible for the entire client acquisition process in India including client targeting, qualification, presentation, proposal, training, trial of services and ultimately repeat use. This position requires someone with a hunter mentality and the ability to find the decision makers in the targeted organizations.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Seek, qualify and acquire new clients through prospecting, initial discovery call and face-to-face meetings
- Grow newly acquired clients over the first 12 months period
- Build customer-specific acquisition strategies that include opportunity sizing, penetration strategy, and customer wiring plans, customized product offering, pricing and deal terms
- Develop expert knowledge of the FocusVision product portfolio and where it fits in the market research process
- Utilize tools such as CRM and the Sales Funnel to quantify sales effectiveness
- Design and lead client training programs to expand usage
- Coordinate activities with marketing programs and assist in program implementation where appropriate
- Work effectively with other FocusVision departments in the development, implementation, and creation of business building and value creating programs for new clients
- At least 5 years of sales experience and Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience selling SaaS solutions to market research, customer experience, marketing and human resources verticals in mid-to large size
- Relevant experience with new business prospecting
- Additional experience selling in online market research space is a plus
- Proven success in negotiating contracts, pricing terms and closing new clients
- Must be extremely self-motivated and be able to overcome obstacles and stay positive
- Self-starter, motivated, who can work independently
- Highly driven to succeed (burning desire to sell)
- Intuitive understanding of deal structures that will secure the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in effective negotiations
- Proven track record of sales achievement
- A clear sense of urgency and ability to close
- Active listener who takes the time to understand the client’s business
- Consistently exhibits professionalism, even under the most demanding client situations
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call after reviewing your qualifications.
If your background is a match for the role after speaking with the recruiter, you may phone interview (or onsite interview) with the hiring manager.
If you make it to the final round, you will come onsite to meet with 1-2 people from the team.
Please note that the interview process may vary by department depending on role. FocusVision does not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and will not pay fees associated with any such resumes. Agencies, please do not send resumes to any FocusVision location, employee, or email address.